SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us.
SECTION 3 - PERSONAL DATA
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, your address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below:
- When you order merchandise from us, we will collect information necessary to process your order, such as your shipping and billing information and payment information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in the order to send you a reply.
- When you post content on our services such as a review, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your first name and last initial. The information that you provide will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the site.
- We lay also collect personal data at other points in our site that state that personal data is being collected.
Other uses of your personal data may be applied as following:
- Identify you as a customer in our system
- Provide improved administration of our site and services
- Provide the services you request
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our site and services
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order confirmations, order status updates, security, or support and maintenance advisories
- Respond to any inquiries you may have, at anytime
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes of Trendy; and in any other manner stated on our site.
SECTION 4 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 5 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service:
(https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 6 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which these providers will handle your personal information.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 7 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 8 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our service for any respective purposes, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the service or all functionality of the service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the following contact information (email@example.com ).
SECTION 9 – COMMUNICATION
SECTION 10 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We do no intentionally gather personal data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal data to Matchably and we learn that the personal data is the information of a 13 year old, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal data from a child under 13, please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at (email@example.com ).
Last updated: February 23, 2018